I love this time of year because I can easily find all of my favorite berries in my local grocery store, which tides me over until I can get them fresh from my farmer's market later in the season. And that means I get to make my favorite berry dessert!! Let's be honest, what makes and amazing crisp is, well the crisp! And this topping taken from my mom's apple crisp recipe does not disappoint! I now use it for all of my crisp recipes and usually have to double the batch because my kids (and I) eat it straight from the bowl! The extra drizzle of cinnamon vanilla caramel sauce on top adds a warm, buttery richness to the whole dish. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you've got yourself the perfect berries and cream bite! As we're beginning to enter back into social gatherings, this is the perfect dessert to make and share. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ c blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 ½ c blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 ½ c raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ c quick oats
- ¾ c flour
- ¾ c brown sugar, packed
- ½ c melted butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Caramel Kitchen cinnamon vanilla caramel sauce
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375º
- In a large bowl add berries and gently stir to mix.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch and sprinkle over top of berries. Gently toss to evenly coat berries.
- Pour berries into an un-greased 1 ½ - 2 quart baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Pour melted butter over top and use a fork to mix evenly.
- Spread crumble mixture evenly over berries and bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes. Drizzle with cinnamon vanilla caramel sauce and serve with vanilla ice cream. Serves 8
*Gluten Free Option: Use gluten free oats and flour and prepare as directed