This dessert reminds me of my youth. It was the most requested dish my mom was asked to make and bring to church potlucks or work get togethers. I loved when ever she made it and often snuck seasoned slices of apples out of the bowl when she wasn’t looking. This recipe is true to hers with the addition of Salted Caramel Sauce in both the apple mixture and again drizzled on top of the melting vanilla ice cream. A true comfort dessert!
- 3 c. Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 2 T. flour
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsps cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1/4 c. Caramel Kitchen Salted Caramel Sauce
- 3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 c. quick oats
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel Kitchen Salted Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place filling in a bowl and toss well to evenly coat apples. Pour apples into a buttered 8×8 pan.
- Mix topping ingredients together in a bowl and sprinkle over apples.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until sides are bubbly and topping is slightly browned.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and additional Salted Caramel Sauce.
Serves 8-10. This recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 9×13 baking dish.
*Can also be made gluten free using gluten free flour and oats.