If you're like me and LOVE fresh peaches, you are going to love this recipe for fresh peach tart! It's made with a light and flaky shortbread crust, the same filling we used in last weeks fruit dip and then covered with slices of fresh peaches all topped off with a healthy drizzle of our bourbon caramel sauce! It only requires 10 minutes of baking and can easily be made ahead so you can make the crust in the morning before the heat of the day sets in! Once assembled, the hardest part will be not giving into the temptation to steal a slice every time you open the fridge! Serve this with a glass of riesling and you've got the perfect dessert for your next dinner party! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 12 oz (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened and cut into slices
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c Caramel Kitchen cinnamon vanilla caramel sauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
Directions for filling found here
- 3 fresh peaches
- Caramel Kitchen bourbon caramel sauce
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor, combine the powdered sugar, flour and butter until a ball forms.
- Remove the dough from the processor and evenly press into the bottom of a tart pan with a removable bottom. Make sure the dough gets pressed into all of the ridges,
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust in slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before assembling.
For the filling:
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese, butter and caramel sauce together until combined.
- Add in the powdered sugar, cinnamon and vanilla and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread an even layer over your cooled crust and refrigerate to set up, about 30 minutes.
For the topping:
- Pour about a 1/4 cup of bourbon caramel sauce in a microwave safe bowl and heat for about 15 second, or until thinned.
- Place a tight layer of peach slices around the outside edge of your tart.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the top of the peaches with the warmed bourbon caramel sauce.
- Continue with additional layers of peaches, brushing on the caramel sauce with each new layer until the tart is full.
- Before serving, squeeze an additional drizzle of bourbon caramel sauce over the tart.
- Remove from the tart pan, slice and serve.