Enjoy this cool cheese based flan kicked up with the warm spice of our chipotle caramel sauce!
- 1/2 c Caramel Kitchen chipotle caramel sauce
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 12oz can evaporated milk
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the cream cheese, eggs, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in a blender and blend on high until thoroughly combined and completely smooth. (Alternately you can use a mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth, add one egg at a time and beat until completely combined, scraping down the sides as needed. Add the milks and vanilla and continue to beat on medium speed until smooth).
- Warm the chipotle caramel sauce until it's more liquid. (You don't need to use chipotle caramel, I tried it with equally delicious results using our cinnamon vanilla caramel sauce, but I loved the combination of warm spice and cool cream).
- Pour the warmed caramel sauce in the bottom of an 8" cake pan and swirl the pan to evenly coat the bottom and sides of pan.
- Dampen a wash cloth and place on the bottom a baking dish large enough to place your cake pan in.
- Place the cake pan on top of the wet dish cloth inside of the baking dish and pour the cream cheese mixture over the top of the caramel layer.
- Boil water and pour it in the dish on the outside of the cake pan filling it until it comes about half way up the pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before placing in the refrigerator to chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove the flan from the fridge and run a knife around the edges to release it from the pan.
- Place a rimmed plate on top of the pan and flip the pan and dish over so that the pan is inverted over the plate. The flan will fall out of the pan and onto the plate.
- Slice and enjoy!
Video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/qU-GfbLwNjM