If you're like me, you probably ate way too much during yesterday's Super Bowl and rolled your self home after the game! I know I am ready for this beautiful winter salad to ease my way back into a healthier Monday! In my opinion, our chipotle caramel sauce is the most versatile sauce in our line up. I often use it as a glaze, and thought that it's sweet, smokey heat would be perfect in a vinaigrette as well. With the addition of fresh pears, blueberries and pomegranates, this salad is as beautiful as it is delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- Spring Salad Mix
- Ripe pear, large diced
- Pomegranate seeds
- Fresh blueberries
- Candied pecans
- Chipotle Bacon Jam
- Chipotle Vinaigrette Dressing:
- - 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- - 1 1/2 Tbsp Cranberry pear vinegar (or other fruit flavored vinegar, citrus would be great)
- - 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- - 1 tsp dijon mustard
- - 4 tsp Caramel Kitchen chipotle caramel sauce
- - dash of chipotle tabasco
- - 2 shakes chipotle powder
- - dash salt
- - sprinkle black pepper, to taste
- Place all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until completely incorporated.
- Fill a large bowl, or individual plates with salad mix.
- Sprinkle with diced pear, pomegranate seeds, blueberries, candied pecans and bacon jam.
- Drizzle chipotle vinaigrette over top and lightly tossed until lettuce is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately.
Keep any remaining dressing in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.