Let me tell you...these cookies turned out Ah-Mazing!! Brad said they were the best cookie he's ever had! The chocolate cookie is not overly sweet but, along with the pecan coating, brings out the incredible flavor of our bourbon caramel sauce. It is seriously a combination made in heaven!
- 1 c flour
- 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c finely chopped pecans
- Caramel Kitchen bourbon caramel sauce
- Caramel Kitchen chocolate caramel sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Stir in the egg yolk, milk and vanilla
- Add in the flour mixture and stir until just combined
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, whip up the egg white until frothy
- Pour the pecan bits into a shallow dish
- Using a small scoop, roll the chilled dough into balls, dip them in the egg whites and then roll them in the pecans bits
- Place the balls on a baking sheet and use your thumb or the back of a measuring spoon to create a depression in the middle of each ball
- Bake for 10-13 minutes and remove from oven and using your thumb or measuring spoon, re-press the indentions in the center of each cookie
- Allow to cool completely and then squeeze the bourbon caramel to fill the middle of each cookie.
- Drizzle the chocolate caramel over the top of each cookie
- Try not to eat the whole batch in one setting!
Makes 20-22 cookies depending on how small you make them.
Recipe adapted from here.