These turkey rice crispy treats are fun for young and old and gives your kids a place to play in the kitchen along side of you as you prepare your Thanksgiving dinner. Enjoy and have fun!
- 12 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 - 10 oz packages of mini marshmallows
- 2 sticks (16 oz) butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Caramel Kitchen salted caramel sauce
- Candy corn
- Candy eyes
- Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Red M&M's
- Melted chocolate
Making the crispy rice treats:
- Grease a sheet pan with butter and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, melt the marshmallows and butter together.
- Decrease heat to low and stir in the vanilla and salted caramel, mixing well until all combined.
- Remove from heat and pour in the crisped rice cereal, stirring well until evenly coated
- Pour the mix into the prepared sheet pan and using the butter wrapper, spread the mix out into an even layer.
- Allow the treats to set for about 30 minutes.
- Take a round cookie or biscuit cutter and cut out round discs of crispy treats. You can take any excess and reshape it into round discs.
- To make the feathers, apply melted chocolate to the bottom side of 5 candy corns and place them in a fan shape towards the top of each disc.
- Using the melted chocolate, attach the bottom of the peanut butter cup underneath the "feathers" to make the head.
- Take a tooth pick to put some melted chocolate on the back side of each eye and place on the peanut butter cup.
- Add some melted chocolate to the sideways side of the M&M's and place under the eyes as its waddle.
Recipe Adapted From Crayons and Cravings