We reached the week of LOVE! And what better way to say "I love you" than with a bottle of our decadent caramel sauce and a dish of this dreamy salted caramel pudding. It's silky, smooth and creamy texture melts in your mouth and is the perfect dessert for you and your loved one or a group of people you might be hosting. And best of all...it can be made a head of time which means more time spent visiting and less time cooking! Enjoy!
- ¾ c sugar
- ¼ c cornstarch
- 2 ½ c whole milk
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ c Caramel Kitchen salted caramel sauce
1. In a double boiler over simmering water, combine sugar, cornstarch, milk and salt. Cook until mixture begins to thicken. In a separate bowl, slightly beat eggs yolks and then pour ¼ cup of the thickened milk mixture over it to temper the egg yolks. Mix well and then combine the egg mixture back into the double boiler.
2. Continue to cook until thick. Add the salted caramel sauce and mix well. Take pudding off of the heat and add butter and vanilla; stir until combined.
3. Pour pudding into individual dishes and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
4. Serve with fresh whip cream
Makes 6 servings
Recipe adapted from here.