These puff pastry cinnamon rolls are light, flaky and topped with a salted caramel and pecan mixture that makes them rich and nutty. If cozy had a taste it would be these! You can prep them in under 10 minutes and they cook in under 20 so you can have warms cinnamon rolls at home in no time! This is also an easy recipe to let your younger kids help with. I always like to have a few recipes on hand when company arrives for the holidays and these would be perfect!
- 1 package puff pastry (I like using the Wewalka brand, found in the refrigerated section at the grocery store, because you don't have to wait for it to thaw)
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c chopped pecans
- 3/4 c Caramel Kitchen salted caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Open and unroll the package of puff pastry onto a baking sheet. (Leave the included parchment paper in tact underneath the puff pastry if you don't have a silicone mat to use).
- Brush on the melted butter, covering the entire sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugars and cinnamon and stir to incorporate completely.
- Leaving a one inch border, sprinkle and spread the sugar mixture on top of the puff pastry.
- Beginning with the long end facing you, start to tightly roll the dough away from you. (As you roll, some of the filling will spill out the sides and that is ok).
- Taking a sharp knife, cut the ends off of each side and then continue to cut the remaining dough into 9 even rolls.
- Place the rolls cut side up on your baking sheet, allowing enough room in between for them to spread.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the rolls are firm to the touch and lightly browned. While the rolls are baking, you can prepare the salted caramel pecan mixture.
- Place your pecans in a small bowl. Gently warm up the salted caramel sauce and pour it over the top of the pecans. Stir until pecans are evenly coated.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven and drop a generous spoonful of the caramel pecan mixture over the top of each roll.
- Enjoy warm, or allow to cool to room temperature before eating.
Recipe Adapted from Well Plated