A lot of you know that rice crispy treats are one of the quickest, easiest and most devoured desserts you can make! I always have the ingredients on hand so I can whip up a batch for a last minute BBQ invite during the summer. My daughter and I saw this fun new way to make and enjoy rice crispy treats on Buzz Feed Tasty and thought we'd give them a Caramel Kitchen twist, turning them into sweet "sushi" rolls! They did not disappoint! There's something about taking something that is known and expected and repackaging them (or in this case, rolling them) that makes them new and exciting and fun to eat. My husband said they were the best he's ever had...! Normally I like my rice crispy treats light and fluffy so I only press them in the pan hard enough for them to keep their shape when cut. In this version, you need to press them down firmly into the pan until it's pretty thin so that you are able to roll them with ease. The best thing about rice crispy treats is how adaptable they are to everyone's personal tastes. The addition of both salted and chocolate caramel sauces makes them gourmet and indulgent! I hope you will give them a try! Enjoy!
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 1 10oz package mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c (1 stick) butter
- 3/4 c mini chocolate chips
- Caramel Kitchen salted caramel sauce
- Caramel Kitchen chocolate caramel sauce
- Grease a half sheet pan with butter and set aside.
- Add marshmallows and butter to a large pot over medium-low heat and continue to stir until the marshmallows are almost completely melted. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Remove form the heat and stir in the rice crispy cereal and crushed pretzels until everything is evenly combined.
- Quickly pour the contents of the pot out onto the sheet pan and begin to spread the cereal mixture evenly to fill the entire pan. (I like to use the wax wrapper from the butter to tamp down the rice crispy's or a piece of wax paper with a little butter spread on it). You'll need to press pretty firmly to get the rice crispy's as thin as possible. Let cool slightly.
- Next drizzle the salted caramel sauce all over the top of your crispy treats. Sprinkle on the mini chocolate chips.
- With the sheet pan situated horizontally parallel to the counter, take a knife and cut your crispy's into about one inch vertical strips. Cut each strip into thirds.
- Roll each third up, tucking in any loose chocolate chips.
- Place each roll on a platter and allow to cool completely.
- Before serving, drizzle each roll with chocolate caramel sauce.