With its Oreo crust, white chocolate peppermint filling and chocolate caramel glaze, it has all of the flavors known for this season!
For the Crust:
- 30 Oreos, crushed into crumbs
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened (2 bricks)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 6 oz white chocolate, melted
- 1/4 c crushed peppermint candy pieces
For the Topping:
- 3/4 c Caramel Kitchen's chocolate caramel sauce
- Peppermint bark pieces or Lindor White Chocolate Peppermint Balls for garnish
Making the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a food processor or a rolling pin and a double baggie, crush up 30 Oreos until you get fine crumbs
- Place crumbs in a medium bowl and add the melted butter, stir with a fork until the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Place the crumbs in a 8-10" spring form pan and using a measuring cup or small bowl with straight sides, press the crumbs down along the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool.
Making the Cheesecake Filling:
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a bowl with beaters, beat the softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Continue to mix and allow to incorporate before adding the next egg, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the sugar, flour and peppermint extract and mix to combine.
- Slowly pour in the melted white chocolate and stir to evenly incorporate.
- Add the peppermint pieces and mix just to combine.
- Pour the batter over the cooled crust and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Move cheesecake to refrigerator and cool for two hours or overnight.
For the Chocolate Topping:
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator, release from the pan and place on a serving plate.
- Pour the chocolate caramel sauce over the entire cheesecake and garnish with pieces of peppermint bark or Lindor White Chocolate Peppermint Balls.