This no bake banana split recipe comes together in about 20 minutes, minus the couple hours needed in the fridge to set. From the graham cracker crust to the fluffy creamy filling, along with fresh bananas and strawberries, this is the perfect replacement for the classic banana split and won't melt on the way to your bbq or potluck. You can easily double it for a larger crowd and make even more people happy! Enjoy!
For the Crust:
- Nonstick spray
- 2 c graham cracker crumbs (about 16 full sheets)
- 1/2 c butter, melted (1 stick)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt (if using unsalted butter)
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 bricks cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 containers (8oz each) frozen whipped topping, such as TruWhip or Cool Whip
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced into rounds
- 8-10 medium to large strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c finely chopped peanuts (you can use pecans or walnuts too)
- Caramel Kitchen chocolate caramel sauce, for drizzle
- rainbow sprinkles, for topping
- 9 maraschino cherries, for topping
- Grease a 9x9 baking pan with nonstick spray
- In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter until all of the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Pour the crumbs into the baking pan and firmly press into the bottom.
- Refrigerate the crust for 15-20 minutes to allow to set.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in one container of whipped topping until fully incorporated.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust and use an offset spatula to press it down into the crust to remove any air pockets and even and smooth out the top.
- Place a layer of sliced bananas over the cream cheese filling.
- Add a layer of sliced strawberries over the sliced bananas.
- Cover the whole dish with the second container of whipped topping, evenly smoothing it.
- Return to the refrigerator and chill for 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, generously drizzle on some chocolate caramel sauce and sprinkle on the rainbow sprinkles and chopped nuts.
- Evenly place the maraschino cherries in 3 rows of 3.
Watch video tutorial here.
Recipe adapted from Delish.com