Did you have plans to go to Hawaii this year when corona came along? I know a lot of travel plans were derailed, but you can still enjoy the taste of the Islands with these easy, make at home macadamia nut salted caramel chocolates! I made this batch using milk chocolate but I think next time I'll try dark chocolate. Either way, I know you will love them! They're another home made treat idea to tuck away for the holidays too!
- 4oz milk or dark chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Caramel Kitchen salted caramel sauce
- Chill a sheet pan lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Place a small dollop of melted chocolate on the mat and swirl it around until it evens out into a circle about the size of a flattened golf ball.
- Fill the middle of the chocolate with salted caramel sauce. Place 5-6 macadamia nuts on top of the caramel sauce and add an additional drizzle over the top of the nuts.
- Cover the caramel and nuts with an additional dollop of melted chocolate.
- Place the filled pan in the fridge to set up. Before serving, drizzle a zigzag of salted caramel sauce over the top of each chocolate.