Madeline made this delicious pie, cake, blondie? It kind of has the combination of all three which to me is beyond delish! And Addison staged and took the photos all by herself! I couldn't be a prouder mom! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!
- 1 c plus 2 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 c flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 - 1 tsp almond extract. (to taste)
- 2 1/4 c fresh strawberries, diced into bite size pieces
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Caramel Kitchen chocolate caramel sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9" round pie pan with cooking spray or goop and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, flour and salt, set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the melted butter, eggs and both extracts. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Add in 2 cups of the diced strawberries and gently stir to incorporate. The batter will be very thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pie pan and use a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Gently press in the remaining 1/4 strawberries onto the top of the batter and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake for 34-39 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the pan comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs.
- Transfer the pie to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of our chocolate caramel sauce.
Recipe adapted from Avery Cooks