Happy almost Cinco de Mayo! If you can't go to your favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner tomorrow, you can still make these amazing cinnamon tortilla chips for dessert! You probably already have everything you need to whip these up and ready to serve in under 20 minutes. My 16 year old daughter made these for the family and they remind me of a mix between a churro and an elephant ear. The cinnamon vanilla caramel sauce really takes these chips over the top delicious, and let me tell you, we were all fighting over the last one. We'll be making these again tomorrow and soon after! When we can start having friends over again, I'll be serving a plate of these up. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 flour tortillas (we used soft taco size)
- 2 Tbsp butter or butter substitute, melted
- Caramel Kitchen Cinnamon Vanilla Caramel Sauce
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone mat.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- Brush both sides of the tortilla with the melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cut the tortillas into 8 wedges and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until you see the chips just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and arrange on a plate or platter and top with ice cream. Drizzle the cinnamon vanilla caramel sauce over the chips and ice cream and serve. (If you don't want your ice cream to melt, you can cool your chips before adding your scoops. The chips can also be made ahead of time and served later in the day).