The few times I have been to Disneyland, I have always loved getting their frozen bananas! Well, my girls wanted to try their hand at making some using our salted caramel sauce and I think they turned out great! What I love about making them at home is that each person can customize their own banana to their liking! Addison loves dark chocolate, Madeline prefers white chocolate, and Harrison will eat anything sweet, so making our own keeps everyone happy! And the fact that they are eating bananas makes me feel like it's an "almost" healthy dessert! I'll take that as a win in the mom category! Enjoy!
- 3-4 bananas (I prefer ones that are still a little green as they are firmer)
- 6-8 popsicle sticks
- Caramel Kitchen salted caramel sauce
- 4-8 oz milk or dark chocolate, melted (amount depends on how many bananas you are making)
- 4-8 oz white chocolate, melted (amount depends on how many bananas you are making)
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil (added to the chocolate when melting to make a thinner consistency)
- toppings such as sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, coconut flakes, toffee bits, chopped nuts, crushed Oreos, etc
- Peel your bananas and cut in half cross ways.
- Insert a popsicle stick into the center of the cut end of each banana
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place the bananas on it. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer and drizzle on salted caramel sauce in a zig zag design down the top side of each banana.
- Return the bananas to the freezer for an additional hour.
- Before removing the bananas from the freezer, melt the chocolate(s) in microwave safe bowls with a teaspoon of coconut oil each. Stir the melted chocolate until all of the chunks are melted and the oil is evenly combined. Pour the chocolate into tall glasses.
- Take one frozen banana at a time and dip them into the glass of melted chocolate. You might have to use a spoon to pour over any bare spots.
- Use your favorite toppings to sprinkle over the chocolate before it sets.
- Return the bananas to the parchment paper and return to the freezer until completely set or until you are ready to serve.
Recipe Tutorial: Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas