Happy Memorial Day! We remember and are so thankful for the ultimate sacrifice our men and women gave so that we can live in a free nation. This recipe combines two All-American desserts, chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream into one delicious cookie ice cream sandwich! We slathered one side of a cookie with our salted caramel sauce and the other cookie with our chocolate caramel sauce to make the perfect kick off to summer treat that both kids and adults can't get enough of! We will be making these over and over again this summer! This recipe was made using the Nestle Tollhouse cookie recipe, but you can use your favorite. Enjoy!
- For our local peeps living in the greater Kootenai County area, we are now offering local delivery or pick up options when ordering online.
- Be sure to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more recipe ideas throughout the week!
- Want to help spread the Caramel Kitchen love? Log on to our website and give us a review of your favorite flavor! We Appreciate You and your continued support!!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Caramel Kitchen salted caramel sauce
- Caramel Kitchen chocolate caramel sauce
- Vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- Preheat oven to 375º
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt, set aside
- In the bowl of a mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well with each addition.
- Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Reduce speed to low and add a scoop of flour mixture at a time, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Once all of the flour has been added, slowly mix in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed into the dough. (This is the point I have to guard the bowl so that my kids don't eat all of the dough before I can bake the cookies!)
- Put eight even scoops of dough on a silicone or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for about 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, place cookies in a airtight container or bag and freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- While cookies are freezing, remove ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften slightly.
- Take cookies out of freezer and place 12-14 of them face down on a tray. drizzle salted caramel sauce on the back side of each cookie. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of each caramel covered cookie.
- Drizzle chocolate caramel sauce to the backside of the other 12-14 cookies and place on top of the ice cream.
- Immediately wrap in plastic wrap and put back into freezer for at least an hour. Makes about 12-14 cookie sandwiches