I'm not a fan of canned cherry pie filling and making your own is so simple and really doesn't take much time. And I believe it gives this dessert a much more authentic cherry flavor. Combine this with our chocolate caramel sauce and it's a lovely flavor explosion to behold! Enjoy!
For the Crust:
- 28 Oreos, crushed into crumbs
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened (3 bricks)
- 4 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 3 tsp flour
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz white chocolate, melted
For the Cherry Topping & Garnish:
- 1 12oz package frozen, pitted whole cherries
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch
- 3/4 c Caramel Kitchen's chocolate caramel sauce (for garnish)
Making the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a food processor or a rolling pin and a double baggie, crush up 28 Oreos until you get fine crumbs
- Place crumbs in a medium bowl and add the melted butter, stir with a fork until the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Place the crumbs in a 8-10" spring form pan and using a measuring cup or small bowl with straight sides, press the crumbs down along the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Making the Cheesecake Filling:
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a bowl with beaters, beat the softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Continue to mix and allow to incorporate before adding the next egg, scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the sugar, flour and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Slowly pour in the melted white chocolate and stir to evenly incorporate.
- Pour the batter over the cooled crust and bake for 45-50 minutes (or until the middle is only slightly jiggly).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Move cheesecake to refrigerator and cool for two hours or overnight.
For the Cherry Topping:
- Place the frozen cherries, sugar and lemon juice in a medium pot on the stove top over medium heat.
- Simmer about 5-10 minutes or until the cherries release their juice.
- In a small bowl, add arrowroot or cornstarch along with a tablespoon of cold water. Stir to create a slurry.
- Add the arrowroot mixture to the simmering pot of cherries and stir to fully combine. Continue to simmer for 1-2 minutes longer and remove from heat. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge, release from the pan and place on a serving plate.
- Drizzle the chocolate caramel sauce over the top of the entire cheesecake, allowing some to fall down the sides.
- Spoon the cherry topping over the top of the chocolate caramel and cut into slices and serve, or return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Watch video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/PqTdcK-0VlY