Bundt cakes are simple and elegant and you can make so many different varieties. This chocolate one is delicious with the addition of our salted caramel in the cream cheese filling. But what made this bundt cake over the top was the drizzle of our chocolate caramel sauce poured over the whole thing! So Good!!!
For the Cake:
- 1 3/4 c sugar
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 c sour cream
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 1/2 c strong coffee
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 c Caramel Kitchen salted caramel sauce
For the Garnish:
- Caramel Kitchen chocolate caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, eggs, sour cream and buttermilk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix to combine. Pour in the coffee and mix until fully incorporated. Poor half of the cake batter into a well greased bundt pan. Set aside the remaining batter.
- To make the cream cheese filling, use a hand mixer and a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and caramel sauce until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and vanilla and continue to mix until fully combined.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top of the cake batter in the bundt pan, careful not to let the cream cheese touch the edges.
- Poor the remaining cake batter over the top of the cream cheese and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a long skewer comes out mostly clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the pan (about 5 minutes) before inverting onto a cake plate.
- Allow the cake to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until ready to serve (at least 4 hours or overnight).
- Before serving, drizzle the chocolate caramel sauce over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from I Am Baker.
Watch video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/nU7kOn_ljfA