I love this trifle! It has easy to make layers of boxed brownie bites, lightened instant chocolate pudding, fresh strawberries, chocolate caramel sauce and a not too sweet cream cheese whip cream! The hardest part of this dessert is waiting for the brownies to bake and cool so you can hurry up and get to eating it!
- 1 Box brownie mix, plus ingredients to make them (I used Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies)
- 1 3.9 oz package of Chocolate Fudge instant pudding
- 1 1/2 c whole milk
- 1 1/2 c frozen whipped topping (such as TruWhip or Cool Whip), thawed
- 2 c heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (1/2 brick)
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, diced (reserve 6 whole ones to dip in chocolate)
- Caramel Kitchen chocolate caramel sauce
- 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil or shortening
- Make brownies as directed on box. Cool and cut into bite size pieces.
- Mix pudding mix with 1 1/2 cup whole milk and whisk until combined. Set aside and allow to set up for 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in the thawed frozen whipped topping into the pudding until no streaks remain.
- In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese, heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil or shortening together. Dip the whole strawberries into the melted chocolate and use the stem to hold onto as you swirl the strawberries to evenly coat on all sides. Set chocolate covered strawberries on a frozen silicone mat to set.
- Place a layer of brownie bites on the bottom 6 individual cups or one medium bowl.
- Top with a layer of chocolate pudding mix.
- Drizzle chocolate caramel sauce over the pudding mix.
- Add a layer of diced strawberries.
- Top the strawberries with a layer of the whip cream mix.
- Repeat with a second layer of each ingredient.
- Top off each trifle with an additional drizzle of chocolate caramel sauce and a chocolate dipped strawberry.
Recipe adapted from Iheartnap
Watch the video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/RLoLcAJvf14