Is your favorite team still in the running? Whether you’re gathering with friends to watch the big games or need a weeknight meal that helps warm up the winter nights, these easy and delicious mini meat loaves are the perfect answer. Baste on a layer of chipotle caramel at the end of baking and it kicks them up with a sweet and slightly spicy bite! Kids and adult taste tested and approved!
- ½ c ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ½ c Rice Chex, crushed
- 1 ½ lb ground beef or turkey
- Chipotle Caramel Sauce
- In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder, egg, milk and black pepper, mixing well.
- Stir in the crushed Rice Chex and add your ground meat of choice. I like to use rubber gloves to mix the meat mixture by hand until well combined.
- Shape into golf ball size balls and lightly press one in each well of a greased mini brownie pan (a mini cupcake pan works too).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove from oven and drizzle Chipotle Caramel Sauce on top of each meat loaf, using a pastry brush to spread evenly. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Chef David Adlard from Candle in the Woods.