Fire up the grill and the smoker! Caramel Kitchen’s Chipotle Caramel Sauce is the perfect way to add some serious sweet and smoky flavor to your bbq'd masterpieces, and we’ve got you covered this week with ribs that will make you the talk of the neighborhood.
4-6 lbs. rack of pork or beef ribs
1/4 c. dry rub
1 c. apple juice
1/2 c. Caramel Kitchen Chipotle Caramel Sauce
1. Prepare smoker. Make sure the silver skin is removed and rinse and pat dry ribs.
2. Generously cover both sides of your ribs with your favorite dry rub.
3. Place ribs on smoker. Cover and smoke for 45 minutes.
4. Remove the ribs from the smoker onto a large baking sheet lined with heavy aluminum foil.
5. Pour the apple juice over the ribs and drizzle the chipotle caramel sauce all over the top of the ribs. Use a pastry brush to even out the caramel sauce.
6. Wrap the ribs in aluminum foil and place the pack directly back on smoker grate for 1 hour.
7. Increase smoker heat to 375 degrees. Remove the aluminum foil, place ribs directly on grate and baste on another layer of caramel sauce. Close lid and cook for 20-30 minutes more.
8. Remove from Grill, slice and serve with additional Chipotle Caramel Sauce.