Enjoy crispy churros in minutes with these easy cake mix churro bites! Dip them in your favorite Caramel Kitchen sauce for the perfect dessert!
- 1 box white or vanilla cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 vanilla pudding cup
- 1/4 c water
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil for frying, (enough to cover about an inch in the bottom of your pan)
- Favorite Caramel Kitchen caramel sauce(s) for dipping
- In a medium bowl combine the boxed cake mix, 2 eggs, pudding cup and water. Mix until combined.
- In a small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Fill the bottom of your frying pan with about an inch of vegetable oil. Heat the oil until it reaches 325 degrees. (You will have to monitor your oil temperature and adjust your heat as needed to maintain 325 degrees).
- Spoon the dough into a piping bag fitted with a star attachment and pipe 2" long segments directly into the hot oil.
- Use tongs to turn the churros until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove churros to a sheet pan lined cooling rack and sprinkle on cinnamon sugar to coat the churros.
- Pour your favorite caramel sauce(s) into small shallow bowl to dip your churros in.
Enjoy immediately. If you have any leftovers, store in an air tight container and pop in toaster oven to for a few minutes to re-crisp the outside.
Recipe adapted from So Yummy
Watch Video Tutorial: Cake Mix Churro Bites