Hello! Can you believe it's already time for the 4th of July? I know it might look a little different for most this year, but I hope we can all find ways to come together and celebrate our nation! I would personally like to thank you for continuing to support our family business. It is the American dream to take an idea and make it your business and we would not be here without you. A dream is just a dream without others helping you make it a reality and we are honored that you have chosen us for your caramel sauce needs. If we can help bring smiles to you and your loved ones, then what more can we ask for?
Outside of apple pie, I can't think of a dessert more American than ice cream! For a while we've been talking about adding ice cream to our offering, because we all know that ice cream was made for caramel! ;-) WELL... we are so excited to announce that we have created our first flavor!!! Salted Caramel Swirl ice cream is full of caramel flavor with our salted caramel sauce swirled throughout every bite. I love it and hope those of you who get to try it do too! (I wish I could send you all a pint, but right now it's only available for pick up in the Coeur d'Alene and Olympia areas).
So to go with our new ice cream, I wanted to do something fun! I kept seeing these brownie waffles pop up on Pinterest and thought it would be the perfect vehicle for our ice cream. And it was!!! This recipe I found was so simple, quick to throw together and tasted great! If you've got company coming into town over the holiday weekend, this would be a fun dessert to share with them!
- 1 package brownie mix
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- Cooking spray
- Caramel Kitchen Salted Caramel Swirl ice cream
- Caramel Kitchen salted caramel sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine the brownie mix, water, oil and eggs. Mix well to combine.
- Plug in your waffle iron and coat the top and bottom with cooking spray.
- Depending on the size of your waffle iron, drop 1/4 c - 1/2 c brownie mix into the middle of the iron. (The one I used makes 4 square waffles at once and I put a little over a third cup into each section).
- Close the iron lid and cook for 3-5 minutes. (You can lift the lid slightly to see if the top is pulling away clean from the brownie).
- Remove the waffles from the iron and allow to cool slightly. Repeat with any remaining batter.
- Place the brownie waffle on a dish and add a generous scoop of salted caramel swirl ice cream on top
- Drizzle salted caramel sauce over the entire dish and serve.
This recipe made 8 brownie waffles in my iron. One brownie can easily be shared!
Brownie waffle recipe from https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a30534417/waffle-iron-brownies-recipe/