I've been able to spend some time during this quarantine finally making some dishes that have been mulling around in my head for some time! This is one of them! If I could hand deliver a serving of this to each and every one of you, I would, that's how much I loved it! My kids no longer want french toast any other way and my husband said it was the best he's ever had. So I hope that gives you some confidence to give it a try! I also now have even more ideas on ways to use this banana bourbon caramel topping. (Follow us on Facebook or Instagram to see some other uses in the near future). I hope you are staying well and thank you again for your continued support! Brad and I were blown away again last week with the amount of orders that came in! I know our gals stay encouraged and hopeful because of you!
- 1 package brioche bread, sliced
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 + cups heavy cream (I started with one cup and then added a little more to thin it out a bit, except I forgot to measure it before I added it!)
- 8 eggs
- 4 oz bourbon
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
Banana Caramel Topping:
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced (not overly ripe though or they will get too mushy)
- 1/2 c Caramel Kitchen bourbon caramel sauce, warmed
- Heat skillet to medium
- In a medium bowl mash up 2 ripe bananas. Add cream and eggs and scramble together until well combined. Add bourbon, cinnamon, vanilla and salt, mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into a shallow dish and dip each slice of bread, both sides into it.
- Place coated bread on skillet and cook until bread begins to brown, flip and continue cooking on the other side. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- For the topping, pour the bourbon caramel sauce into a microwavable dish and gently heat.
- Add sliced bananas and stir to evenly coat.
- To serve, place two slices of french toast on each plate and spoon banana caramel mixture over the top. Add fresh whip cream if desired!