We’re enjoying fresh blackberries in this week’s Blackberry Crisp topped with Caramel Kitchen Cinnamon Vanilla Caramel Sauce. We promise that the kick of cinnamon vanilla caramel goodness will take your dessert over the top!
- 4 1/2 c. blackberries
- 3 Tb. sugar
- 1 1/2 Tb. cornstarch
- 3/4 c. quick oats
- 3/4 c. flour
- 3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
Caramel Kitchen Cinnamon Vanilla Caramel Sauce
Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a large bowl add berries and gently stir to mix. Combine sugar and cornstarch and sprinkle over top of berries. Gently toss to evenly coat, and pour berries into an ungreased 1½ – 2 quart baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Pour melted butter over top and use a fork to mix evenly.
- Spread crumble mixture evenly over berries and bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Drizzle with Cinnamon Vanilla Caramel Sauce and serve with vanilla ice cream.
*For a gluten free dessert use gluten free oats and flour and prepare as directed.