Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon RollsAmy Kendall
Whether you’re hosting out-of-town holiday guests or just want a cozy, fall-inspired weekend treat these fall-inspired Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are sure to do the trick. They’re the perfect addition to your holiday season menu!
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1 c. warm milk
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 2 T. yeast
- 6-7 c. flour
- 4 T. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. cinnamon
- Chopped pecans, optional
- Caramel Kitchen Pumpkin Spice Caramel Sauce
- In large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients together. Add flour, 1 cup at a time, and mix thoroughly.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 8 minutes until smooth and elastic. Wash and dry your mixing bowl and pour in 1 T. oil. Place the dough into the bowl and flip over, coating the entire surface with oil. Cover with a clean cloth and let rise until doubled, 30-45 minutes.
- While dough is rising mix the 1 c. sugar and 1/4 c. cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Plop dough onto a counter coated with oil and knead several times to work out the air bubbles. Divide dough in half.
- Roll each half into a 12 x 15 inch rectangle. Spread 2 T. butter over the dough, then sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Top with chopped pecans, if desired.
- Roll up the dough, lengthwise, and seal the dough along the edges. Slice the log into 8 sections. Place each slice into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan, leaving room for expansion.
- Place full pan(s) in a warm place to rise until doubled, about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake 25-35 minutes at 300 degrees or until golden on top. While warm, drizzle with Pumpkin Spice Caramel Sauce.
Yield 16 large cinnamon rolls.