Pumpkin Pie BarsAmy Kendall
Thanksgiving is never complete without dessert, and we’ve got the perfect addition to your holiday menu: Pumpkin Pie Bars! With an oatmeal cookie base, a smooth pumpkin filling, a buttery cookie crumb topping, and the perfect Pumpkin Spice Caramel drizzle your guests simply won’t be able to refuse.
- 1 ¼ c. flour
- 1 ¼ c. quick oats
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. packed brown sugar
- ¾ c. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- ¼ c. sugar
- ¼ c. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 ¼ c. pumpkin puree
- 1/3 c. evaporated milk
- Garnish with Caramel Kitchen Pumpkin Spice Caramel Sauce and pumpkin spice whipped cream
For crumb layers:
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix together flour, oats, salt, baking soda, sugar and brown sugar until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Pour vanilla into melted butter and then add to flour mixture. Combine with a fork until evenly incorporated. Divide crumb mixture and press half into the bottom of an 8×8 baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crumb layer bakes, in a large bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Whisk in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined. Add pumpkin and evaporated milk and stir until everything is evenly blended.
- Remove crumb layer from oven, pour pumpkin mixture in, and smooth until evenly spread.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove again from oven and evenly sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top, making sure to crumble large chunks.
- Return to the oven and continue to bake 20-25 minutes until center only slightly jiggles and crumb topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Serve warm, or place in refrigerator to chill at least an hour or overnight to serve cold. When ready, cut into squares and garnish with Pumpkin Spice Caramel Sauce, pumpkin spice whipped cream, and a sprinkle of cinnamon before serving.
Recipe adapted from https://www.cookingclassy.com/pumpkin-pie-crumb-bars/