Deviled Eggs with Chipotle Bacon JamStephanie Hunter
Our family loves football and this time of year, with full weekends of games, always makes me crave food…crowd-pleasing finger food! Last week we shared our Chipotle Glazed Mini Meatloaves, (which were devoured in minutes). And this week we are sharing an equally loved party favorite. We put our twist on the classic deviled egg, highlighting a sweet and spicy combination that will soon become your party potluck go to! The addition of a little drizzle of chipotle drizzle over the top takes these little bite fulls of flavor explosion to the next level. I even love how the eggs are shaped like footballs! Bonus! Whether you’re rooting for your favorite team, hosting a shower, having a potluck at work or going to home group…make sure these yummy bacon and egg combos are being served! Enjoy!
• 12 eggs
• ¼ c mayonnaise
• 1 Tbsp AJ’s Sweet Onion Mustard with chipotle
• 2 tsp Caramel Kitchen Chipotle Caramel Sauce
• ¼ tsp Chipotle Tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
• 1/8 tsp Chipotle Powder or more to taste
• 1/8 tsp Smoked Paprika
• Pinch of salt
• ¼ c Chipotle Bacon Jam for garnish
1. On your stovetop, place 12 eggs in the bottom of a large pot and cover with at least 1 inch of water. Turn temperature to high and bring to a rolling boil. Once at a boil, turn off heat and place a lid over your pot and let sit for 12 minutes. Remove eggs and immediately transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
2. Once eggs are completely cool, slice in half lengthwise. Remove the yolk into a separate bowl. Add mayonnaise, mustard, caramel sauce, tabasco and spices to the bowl. Using a fork, mash the yolks and thoroughly mix everything together adding extra spices to taste. Transfer the yolk mixture to a piping bag with star tip. (If you don’t have one, put filling in a plastic baggie and snip off the corner).
3. Arrange egg halves on a platter and swirl filling into each cavity. Top each one with ¼ – ½ tsp chipotle bacon jam. To put it over the top, drizzle on a little extra chipotle caramel sauce just before serving. Deviled eggs can be made a head one day in advance.