Apple Waffles with Pumpkin Spice Caramel SauceAmy Kendall
When you want a quintessentially FALL breakfast you can’t go wrong with Apple Waffles with Pumpkin Spice Caramel Sauce. Between the tart apples and sweet, spicy caramel they taste like fall on a plate!
- 1 c. apple, finely diced
- 1 c. milk
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Caramel Kitchen Pumpkin Spice Caramel Sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, mix together apple, milk, butter, egg and vanilla. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Continue to mix until smooth.
- Preheat your waffle iron. Add batter and cook until crisp, about 4-5 minutes a piece.
- Drizzle warmed Pumpkin Spice Caramel Sauce over top. Garnish with additional chopped fresh apples if desired. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 waffles.